Pitch&Meet. Warsaw Co-Production Meetings 2017
Pitch & Meet. Warsaw Co-production Meetings will take place in a frame of the Warsaw Film Festival between 20th and 21st October 2017
On the 6th September 2017, The Polish Film Institute in cooperation with The Warsaw Film Festival opened the application form for a pitching session in the frame of Pitch & Meet. Warsaw Coproduction Meetings. The submissions were open to Polish and international filmmakers. Selected film projects will be presented to Polish and international members of the film industry (producers, festival programmers, distributors, sales agents, etc.). From the film projects presented at the pitching session Polish and international jury members will select one winning project that will be granted with a prize of 100 000 Euro for the further production.
Members of the jury:
- Amanda Livanou – film producer, alumni of the Sundance Producers Lab in Utah, USA;
- Lenka Tyrpakova – programmer of The Karlovy Vary International Film Festival;
- Andreas Struck – scriptwriter, curator of Panorama at Berlinale;
- Michał Oleszczyk – translator and film critic, Artistic Director of Gdynia Film Festival (2013-2016).
For this year’s edition of Pitch&Meet project the following films were qualified:
- The Hole in the Fence dir. Joaquin del Paso, Mexico-Denmark-Poland
- The Bus to Amerika dir. Derya Durmaz, Turkey-Poland-France
- Cranley Gardens dir. Rafael Kapeliński, UK-Poland
- People I’m Not dir. Francesco Rizzi, Switzerland-Poland
- Seraphyma dir. Marysia Nikitiuk, Ukraine
- Zero%Proof dir. Simon Ellis, UK- Poland
- The River dir. Emir Baigazin, Kazakhstan – Poland
- Stepne dir. Maryna Vroda, Germany – Ukraine
Film projects invited to the presentation but out of the competition:
- Najmro dir. Mateusz Rakowicz
- Pilot 9/11 dir. Norman Leto
Pitch & Meet. Warsaw Co-production Meetings
Pitch & Meet. Warsaw Co-production Meetings will take place in a frame of the Warsaw Film Festival between 20th and 21st October 2017 and is an international industry event, addressed both to the Polish and international filmmakers. It allows to present the film projects to the Polish and international film professionals as well as gives an opportunity to exchange the ideas and network in the frame of “one on one” meetings.
Futher details: https://wff.pl/en/news/pitch-meet