2010 Polish Film Awards
The final list of nominations for the 2010 Polish Film Awards (Eagles) will be announced in early January. December 23 is the deadline for film submissions.
Eligible are all Polish films at least 50 minutes in length that have had theatrical release and been screened in Polish cinemas at public screenings continuously for at least one week between January 1 and December 31, 2009.
30 films are on the preliminary list of contenders:
- THE BAIT (BALLADYNA), dir. Dariusz Zawiślak
- BEFORE THE TWILIGHT (JESZCZE NIE WIECZÓR), dir. Jacek Bławut
- BORN OF THE SEA (MIASTO Z MORZA), dir. Andrzej Kotkowski
- CASE UNKNOWN (ENEN), dir. Feliks Falk
- DARK HOUSE (DOM ZŁY), dir. Wojciech Smarzowski
- DEMAQUILLAGE (DEMAKIJAŻ), dir. Maria Sadowska, Dorota Lamparska, Anna Maliszewska
- THE GENERAL. ATTEMPT AT GIBRALTAR (GENERAŁ – ZAMACH NA GIBRALTARZE), dir. Anna Jadowska
- GENERAL NIL (GENERAŁ NIL), dir. Ryszard Bugajski
- GOD’S LITTLE VILLAGE (U PANA BOGA ZA MIEDZĄ), dir. Jacek Bromski
- GOLDEN MEAN (ZŁOTY ŚRODEK), dir. Olaf Lubaszenko
- HAPPY APHONYA (AFONIA I PSZCZOŁY), dir. Jan Jakub Kolski
- HEADHUNTER (NIGDY NIE MÓW NIGDY), dir. Wojtek Pacyna
- JANOSIK. THE TRUE STORY (JANOSIK. PRAWDZIWA HISTORIA), dir. Agnieszka Holland, Kasia Adamik
- THE LAST ACTION (OSTATNIA AKCJA), dir. Michał Rogalski
- THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS (MNIEJSZE ZŁO), dir. Janusz Morgenstern
- LOVE&DANCE (KOCHAJ I TAŃCZ), dir. Bruce Parramore
- LOVE ON THE CATWALK (MIŁOŚĆ NA WYBIEGU), dir. Krzysztof Lang
- THE MAGIC TREE (MAGICZNE DRZEWO), dir. Andrzej Maleszka
- MALL GIRLS (GALERIANKI), dir. Katarzyna Rosłaniec
- NOW AND FOREVER (TERAZ I ZAWSZE), dir. Artur Pilarczyk
- OPERATION “DANUBE” (OPERACJA DUNAJ), dir. Jacek Głomb
- THE PERFECT GUY FOR MY GIRLFRIEND (IDEALNY FACET DLA MOJEJ DZIEWCZYNY), dir. Tomasz Konecki
- POPIEŁUSZKO (POPIEŁUSZKO. WOLNOŚĆ JEST W NAS), dir. Rafał Wieczyński
- REVERSE (REWERS), dir. Borys Lankosz
- REVISITED (REWIZYTA), dir. Krzysztof Zanussi
- SNOW WHITE AND RUSSIAN RED (WOJNA POLSKO-RUSKA), dir. Xawery Żuławski
- SPLINTERS (DRZAZGI), dir. Maciej Pieprzyca
- SWEET RUSH (TATARAK), dir. Andrzej Wajda
- TRADING SEXES (ZAMIANA), dir. Konrad Aksinowicz
- ZERO, dir. Paweł Borowski
Producers and distributors of films that meet the necessary conditions but have not been placed on the above list can apply until the December 23 deadline at email@example.com
According to the Polish Film Awards regulations, the list of Eagle contenders is prepared “based on data from a reliable market researcher in the field of film distribution in Poland, or at the request of the producer supported by a declaration of the distributor”.
The final list of contenders for the 2010 Eagles will be announced early next year.
The competition will be accompanied by the annual series of screenings of all competing films. These will take place between January 8 and January 24 in partner cinemas: the Luna cinema in Warsaw and the Charlie cinema in Łódź.
The Polish Film Awards are awarded annually since 1999. Nominees and winners in all categories are selected in a vote of the Polish Film Academy members. The Polish Film Academy is the equivalent of national film academies in other countries that award the César Awards in France, the Lions in the Czech Republic, the Goya Awards in Spain and the European Film Awards.
The Polish Film Awards vote is a two-stage, mail-in process; its results are classified until their official release. The vote is handled by PriceWaterhouseCoopers.
In the first stage of voting, members of the Polish Film Academy will select nominees for the 2010 Polish Film Awards. Nominations will be announced on February 1, 2010. The awards ceremony is to be held on March 1, 2010.
Translated by Karolina Kołtun