Call for Program Ekran 2013
Ekran, organized by Wajda Studio and Wajda School, is a training program focusing on the creative pre-production process based on shooting practice. Deadline for application is January 21st, 2013. Participation in this program is free.
Ekran (the Polish term for “screen”) is an international training program that helps its participants to explore, identify and refine the tone and visual language of film. Ekran aims at advancing participants’ treatments/scripts and producing two scenes from each script/ treatment.
Creative pre-production process
As the creative pre-production process is based on teamwork, Ekran includes each of the key creative roles in its training curriculum. Every participating project is therefore represented by a Creative Team consisting of a director (or writer/director), a writer (or co-writer), a producer and, optionally, a director of photography. Ekran trains directors not only to develop each aspect of their Projects, but also to tighten the collaborative working process with the writer/co-writer, producer and DoP. In 2012 all of the nine teams produced their scenes.
The Ekran process includes: treatment and/or script development, group and individual work on scripts and / or treatments, preparation for shooting, casting, storyboard and individual consultancy with tutors, shooting, tutors’ directing consultancies, editing, tutors’ editing consultancies, evaluation, group and tutor analysis of the produced scenes, pitching -individual and team presentation of participants’ projects, production and marketing strategies,individual consultancy on participants’ projects.
The application must contain:
- CVs of all team members (3 copies, plus an electronic version on CD)
- a 10 page (maximum) feature film Treatment (3 copies, with electronic version on CD) – (if the script exists it should be translated into English and available for individual consultancy for the first session)
- proposal of two scenes from treatment/script to be realized within Ekran programme
- a letter of commitment from the producer or the producer’s production company, as well as a producer’s statement outlining their intended strategy for the development of the project (1 copy)
- an entry form signed by all the members of the team (1 copy) – available here
- a DVD of the director’s work (1 copy)
- optionally filmography and samples of the director of photography’s work (1 copy)
All European applications (apart from Switzerland, Austria, Croatia and Bremen and Lower Saxony in Germany – that should be sent to the appropriate Ekran Partners’ addresses listed below. Please note that the deadlines on those application may vary according to a partner’s country) must be sent to until 20th January 2013 to:
Wajda Studio | Wajda School
ul. Chełmska 21
Applications from Switzerland must be sent until 4th January 2013 to:
Rue du Maupas 2
Applications from Austria must be sent until 4th January 2013 to:
Austrian Film Institute
Applications from Croatia must be sent until 20th January 2013 to:
Croatian Audiovisual Fund
Nova Ves 18
Applications from Bremen and Lower Saxony in Germany must be sent until 20th January 2013 to (other German applications must be sent to Wajda Studio/Wajda School as stated above):
Die Mediengesellschaft Niedersachsen/Bremen GmbH
Expo Plaza 1
Further details are available at: www.wajdastudio.pl.
Wajda Studio and Wajda School Press Release