CAMERIMAGE 2018 opens for submissions
CAMERIMAGE, the biggest international film festival devoted to the art and craft of cinematography has launched the selection process for its 26th edition. All filmmakers, producers and distributors are invited to submit feature films, documentaries, music videos, TV pilots and student etudes for the festival’s consideration.
Please note the submission deadlines and do not miss your chance to submit your films, pilots or music videos. From now on we are accepting entries, so please go to Camerimage 2018 >> Submit a film to fill out an appropriate online entry form. Please see more details below.
In addition to the numerous out-of-competition festival sections, there will be a number of competitions included in the program. We now accept submissions for the following:
- Main Competition (fiction films)
- Student Etudes Competition (fiction etudes)
- Polish Films Competition (fiction films)
- Documentary Shorts Competition – up to 40 minutes running time
- Documentary Features Competition – over 40 minutes running time
- Music Videos Competition
- Directors’ Debuts Competition (fiction films)
- Cinematographers’ Debuts Competition (fiction films)
- First Look – TV Pilots Competition (pilots or 1st episodes of TV series)
Before submitting your entry, please read the Rules of the competitions available at www.camerimage.pl and make sure you are able to provide an appropriate preview screener (online screeners accepted) and a final screening copy. To check out the Rules and to fill out a film submission form please go HERE.
- Main Competition, Directors’ Debuts Competition, Cinematographers’ Debuts Competition, Polish Films Competition
early deadline: May 31, 2018 (no fee)
late entry deadline: June 30, 2018 late entry fee required: PLN 200 (approx. 50 euro)
- Documentary Features Competition, Documentary Shorts Competition
deadline: 30 June, 2018 (no fee)
- Music Videos Competition, First Look – TV Pilots Competition, Student Etudes Competition
deadline: 31 July, 2018 (no fee)
Please note that CAMERIMAGE Festival is an ACADEMY AWARD® qualifying festival in the Documentary Short Subject category. This means that the winners of the Golden Frog in Documentary Shorts Competition will qualify for consideration in the Documentary Short Subject category of the Annual ACADEMY AWARDS® without the standard theatrical run, provided the film otherwise complies with the Academy rules.
CAMERIMAGE Festival has also been named a STUDENT ACADEMY AWARD® qualifying festival which means that all films nominated in the Student Etudes Competition at CAMERIMAGE will qualify for consideration of the Student Academy Awards®, provided the filmmakers will otherwise comply with the Academy Rules, including being a full time student of an eligible film school and making the film as a part of the school work.