"Corpus Christi" on Oscar’s Shortlist
“Corpus Christi”, a film directed by Jan Komasa and co-financed by the Polish Film Institute is one of ten titles shortlisted for nominations in the Academy Awards’ International Feature Film category.
List of films with a chance to be nominated for an Oscar:
- “Corpus Christi”, directed by Jan Komasa (Poland);
- “The Painted Bird”, directed by Václav Marhoul (Czech Republic);
- “Truth and Justice”, directed by Tanel Toom (Estonia);
- “Les Misérables”, directed by Ladj Ly (France);
- “Those Who Remained”, directed by Barnabás Tóth (Hungary);
- “Honeyland”, directed by Tamara Kotevska and Ljubo Stefanov (North Macedonia);
- “Beanpole”, directed by Kantemir Balagov (Russia);
- “Atlantics”, directed by Mati Diop (Senegal);
- “Parasite”, directed by Bong Joon-ho (South Korea);
- “Pain and Glory”, directed by Pedro Almodóvar (Spain).
These ten films eligible for Oscar consideration in the International Feature Film category have been selected by members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences among 91 submissions from around the world.
Nominations for the 92nd Academy Awards will be announced on January 13, 2020. Winners will be announced during the award ceremony on February 9.
Further details: www.oscars.org.