Full programme of the 12th CentEast Market
Organizers of the 12th CentEast Market announced the full film programme. The event runs from October 14 through October 16, 2016.
More than 200 film professionals (distributors, festival programmers, sales agents, producers) will have the opportunity to watch 13 works-in-progress from Eastern Europe which were carefully selected for this year’s CentEast Warsaw-Moscow programme. Documentary and fiction films from Slovakia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Romania, Russia, Poland, Latvia, Georgia and Estonia make up a diverse and interesting mix.
Older than the CentEast Market itself, the Warsaw Screenings will have a unique programme in their 30th edition as well. This section will present new works from the masters of Polish cinema (Afterimage dir. Andrzej Wajda, Blindness dir. Ryszard Bugajski) and talented filmmakers of the younger generation (Playground dir. Bartosz M. Kowalski, Memories of Summer, dir. Adam Guziński).
Since Polish film production is getting more and more international, the Warsaw Screenings selection will reflect this trend by presenting the most interesting co-productions with Poland.
Apart from the film programme, the 12th CentEast Market is introducing its new segment: the Warsaw Meetings. This networking event is aimed at facilitating co-production between European producers.
Find the detailed programme of the 12th CentEast Market at www.centeast.eu.
Warsaw Screenings and Warsaw Meetings are organised with the support of the Polish Film Institute.
Selected Eastern European works-in-progress:
- Almost 10.000 Voters, directed by Ulyana Osovska / Ukraine / documentary
- Art of Loving (Sztuka kochania), directed by Maria Sadowska / Poland / fiction
- Bille, directed by Inara Kolmane / Latvia, Poland, Lithuania, Czech Republic / fiction
- The Bobot, directed by Max Ksjonda, Oleksii Moskalenko / Ukraine / fiction
- The Line, directed by Peter Bebjak / Slovakia , Ukraine / fiction
- Miracle, directed by Egle Vertelyte / Lithuania, Bulgaria, Poland / fiction
- Monk, directed by Zaza Urushadze / Georgia, Estonia / fiction
- Octave, directed by Serge Ioan Celebidachi / Romania, UK / fiction
- Radiogram, directed by Rouzie Hassanova / Bulgaria / fiction
- Sacred Ground, directed by Sergey Kuzmin / Russia / documentary
- Sing, directed by Olga Korotkaya / Poland, Russia / documentary
- Test-730, directed by Daria Korol / Belarus / documentary
- When the Trees Fall, directed by Marysia Nikitiuk / Ukraine, Poland, France / fiction
- Afterimage, directed by Andrzej Wajda / Poland / fiction
- Blindness, directed by Ryszard Bugajski / Poland / fiction
- Clair Obscur, directed by Yesim Ustaoglu / Turkey, Germany, Poland, France / fiction
- Tales of Mexico, directed by Natalia Beristáin, Carlos Bolado, Carlos Carrera, Ernesto Contreras, Daniel Giménez Cacho, Iván Ávila Duenas, Alfonso Pineda Ulloa, and Alejandro Valle / Mexico, Poland / fiction
- Honey Hunters, directed by Krystian Matysek / Poland / documentary
- I’m a Killer, directed by Maciej Pieprzyca / Poland / fiction
- The Last Family, directed by Jan P. Matuszyński / Poland / fiction
- Memories of Summer, directed by Adam Guziński / Poland / fiction
- The Saint, directed by Andrius Blazevicus / Lithuania, Poland / fiction
- Sun, the Sun Blinded Me, directed by Anka Sasnal, Wilhelm Sasnal / Poland, Switzerland / fiction
- Park, directed by Sophia Exarchou / Greece, Poland / fiction
- Playground, directed by Bartosz M. Kowalski / Poland / fiction
The CentEast Market is co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union.