Polish Feature Film Competition
The lineup of the Polish Feature Film Competition at the 6th Off Plus Camera festival has been announced. This year will mark the first time that the festival presents awards for Best Actor and Best actress. The OPC festival runs from April 12 through April 21.
The competition lineup includes ten new Polish features supported by the Polish Film Institute. The grand prize is the Polish Film Noble award of 100,000 PLN for Best Film. The festival will also present acting awards of 10,000 PLN each for Best Actor and Best Actress respectively.
The international jury of the Polish Feature Film Competition has among its members Jeanne McCarthy, who has cast such prominent stars as Kate Winslet, Jim Carrey, Jennifer Aniston, and Keira Knightley.
- Bejbi blues (Baby Blues), reż. Katarzyna Rosłaniec;
- Być jak Kazimierz Deyna (Being Like Deyna), directed by Anna Wieczur-Bluszcz;
- Dziewczyna z szafy (The Girl from the Wardrobe), directed by Bodo Kox;
- Imagine, directed by Andrzej Jakimowski;
- Ixjana, directed by Józef Skolimowski, Michał Skolimowski;
- Jesteś Bogiem (You’re a God), directed by Leszek Dawid;
- Miłość (Loving), directed by Sławomir Fabicki;
- Mój rower (My Father’s Bike), directed by Piotr Trzaskalski;
- Nieulotne (Lasting), directed by Jacek Borcuch;
- W sypialni (In a Bedroom), directed by Tomasz Wasilewski
Festival passes are now available for purchase. The 6th Off Plus Camera film festival has been co-financed by the Polish Film Institute.
The opening film of the Off Plus Camera International Independent Film Festival will be Capital by Costa-Gavras, who will also be a guest of the festival.
Further details available at: www.offpluscamera.com.
Written by Marta Sikorska based on the press release
Translated by Karolina Kołtun