Paweł Pawlikowski in the Jury of the Main Competition of 72nd IFF in Cannes
Polish director Paweł Pawlikowski will sit on the Jury of the Main Competition of the 72nd edition of the International Film Festival in Cannes.
Films in Cannes will be appraised by the Jury in the following composition:
- Alejandro González Iñárritu, director (president),
- Elle Fanning, actress,
- Maimouna N’Diaye, actress and director,
- Kelly Reichardt, director, writer and editor,
- Alice Rohrwacher, director and screenwriter,
- Enki Bilal, author of graphic novels & director,
- Robin Campillo, director, screenwriter and editor,
- Yorgos Lanthimos, director, screenwriter and producer,
- Paweł Pawlikowski, director and screenwriter.
Multi awarded Paweł Pawlikowski is a Polish filmmaker, who garnered much acclaim for award-winning documentaries in the 1990s and for his feature films “Last Resort” (2001) and “My Summer of Love” (2004) which both won a BATFA, and many other awards. In 2011, he made a film loosely adapter from Douglas Kennedy’s novel “The Woman in the Fifth”. In 2015 his masterpiece “Ida”, won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, becoming the first Polish film to do so. His most recent film, “Cold War”, earned him the Best Director Prize at the Festival de Cannes 2018 and three nominations for Best Director, Best Cinematography and Best Foreign Language Film at the 91st Academy Awards. It also won five awards at the European Film Awards including Best Film, Best Director and Best Screenwriter.