Polish Films in the Running for 2018 European Film Awards Nominations
Eight Polish films and co-productions, co-financed by the Polish Film Institute are in the running for nominations for the 2018 European Film Awards.
Nominations to be announced on November 10
On August 21, 2018 the European Film Academy announced the list of feature fiction films which will be competing for the nominations. Among 49 tiitles 8 are Polish films and co-productions, co-financed by the Polish Film Institute:
- Zimna wojna (Cold War), dir. Paweł Pawlikowski
- Fuga (Fugue), dir. Agnieszka Smoczyńska
- Twarz (Mug), dir. Małgorzata Szumowska
- Litość (Pity), dir. Babis Makridis
- W cieniu drzewa (Under the Tree), dir. Hafsteinn Gunnar Sigurðsson,
- Dowłatow (Dovlatov), dir. Aleksiej German jr,
- Ayka, dir. Sergei Dvortsevoy,
- Kapitan (The Captain), dir. Robert Schwentke.
In the coming weeks, the over 3,500 members of the European Film Academy will vote for the nominations in the categories: European Film, Director, Actor, Actress and Screenwriter. The nominations will then be announced on November 10 at the Seville European Film Festival in Spain. A 8-member jury will decide on the awards recipients in the categories: European Cinematographer, Editor, Production Designer, Costume Designer, Hair & Make-up Artist, Composer and Sound Designer.
The 31st European Film Awards ceremony will be held on December 15 in Seville.
Based on press release