"THE LAST FAMILY" NOMINATED FOR THE LUX PRIZE
Nominations for the European Parliament’s annual film award, the Lux Prize, were announced during the 52nd Karlovy Vary International Film Festival. One of ten nominated titles is Ostatnia Rodzina (The Last Family), a film directed by Jan P. Matuszyński and co-financed by the Polish Film Institute.
Nominees were announced by Lux Prize coordinator Doris Pack and Members of the European Parliament Helga Trüpel, Martina Dlabajova and Bogdan Wenta.
Films Nominated for the 2017 Lux Prize of the European Parliament:
- A Ciambra, directed by Jonas Carpignano (Italy/Brazil/USA/France/Germany/Sweden);
- 120 battements par minute (120 Beats per Minute), directed by Robin Campillo (France);
- Glory, directed by Kristina Grozeva and Petar Valchanov (Bulgaria/Greece);
- Heartstone, directed by Guðmundur Arnar Guðmundsson (Iceland/Denmark);
- King of the Belgians, directed by Peter Brosens and Jessica Woodworth (Belgium/Netherlands/Bulgaria);
- Sámi Blood, directed by Amanda Kernell (Sweden/Denmark/Norway);
- Summer 1993, directed by Carla Simón (Spain);
- Ostatnia Rodzina (The Last Family), directed by Jan P. Matuszyński (Poland);
- Toivon tuolla puolen (The Other Side of Hope), directed by Aki Kaurismaki (Finland/Germany);
- Western, directed by Valeska Grisebach (Germany/Bulgaria/Austria)
Films Supported by the Polish Film Institute Nominated for the Lux Prize
Ostatnia Rodzina (The Last Family) is not the first film co-financed by the Polish Film Institute to be nominated for the Lux Prize. In 2014, the Lux Prize went to Paweł Pawlikowski’s Ida. In 2012, one of the nominees was Crulic — The Path to Beyond, an international co-production directed by Anca Damian. And in 2011, Jerzy Skolimowski’s Essential Killing was a nominee as well. Earlier in 2008, Andrzej Jakimowski’s Sztuczki (Tricks) was one of the ten selected films.
In late July, the three finalists will be announced at a press conference for the Venice International Film Festival’s Venice Days section. The winner will be selected and announced on November 15 in Strasbourg.
Further details about the Lux Prize awards are available at: www.luxprize.eu.