Winners of the 44th PolishFilm Festival in Gdynia
During the Awards Ceremony held in the Musical Theatre in Gdynia on 21st September 2019 Golden and Silver Lions, and individual awards in the Main Competition of the 44th Polish Film Festival were granted. Platinum Lions for lifetime achievement went to Krzysztof Zanussi. The awards in the Main Competition were granted by the Jury of the 44th Polish Film Festival, composed of:
- Maciej Wojtyszko (Chairperson),
- Ewa Braun,
- Bożena Dykiel,
- Piotr Dzięcioł,
- Paweł Laskowski,
- Ilona Łepkowska,
- Maria Sadowska,
- Nikodem Wołk-Łaniewski,
- Jerzy Zieliński.
The Grand Prize of the 44th Polish Film Festival in Gdynia “Golden Lions” for the best film “Mr. Jones” went to director Agnieszka Holland and producers: Stanisław Dziedzic, Klaudia Śmieja-Rostworowska, Andrea Chalupa.
“Silver Lions” of the 44th Polish Film Festival in Gdynia for “Icarus. The Legend of Mietek Kosz” went to director Maciej Pieprzyca and producers: Renata Czarnkowska-Listoś, Maria Gołoś.
Special Award of the 44th Polish Film Festival for a proposal of perfectly made genre film went to Łukasz Kośmicki, the director of “The Coldest Game”.
Individual Awards went to:
- Jan Komasa for directing, “Corpus Christi”
- Mateusz Pacewicz for screenplay, “Corpus Christi”
- Bartosz Kruhlik for directing debut or second film, “Supernova”
- Witold Płóciennik for cinematography, “Icarus. The Legend of Mietek Kosz”
- Leszek Możdżer for music, “Icarus. The Legend of Mietek Kosz”
- Grzegorz Piątkowski for art direction, “Mr. Jones”
- Marcin Jachyra, Jarosław Czernichowski, Oliwier Synkowski, Marcin Lenarczyk for sound, “Interior”
- Robert Gryka, Wolfgang Weigl, Krzysztof Arszennik for film editing, “The Coldest Game”
- Jolanta Dańda for make-up, “Icarus. The Legend of Mietek Kosz”
- Agata Culak for costumes, “Icarus. The Legend of Mietek Kosz”
- Eliza Rycembel, actress in a supporting role, “Corpus Christi”
- Sebastian Stankiewicz, actor in a supporting role, “Mr. T”
- Magdalena Boczarska, actress in a leading role, “Pilsudski”
- Dawid Ogrodnik, actor in a leading role, “Icarus. The Legend of Mietek Kosz”
- Zofia Domalik, professional acting debut, “All for My Mother”.
The Jury members want to indicate with regret the lack of Visions Apart section which would let to appreciate films such as “The Valley of the Gods”, “Bird Talk” and “Interior”.
“Platinum Lions” for lifetime achievement went to Krzysztof Zanussi.
During the Awards Ceremony of the 44th PFF also the Lucjan Bokiniec Award for Best Film in the Short Film Competition was granted to Hubert Patynowski for the film “Don’t Change the Topic”.
Audience Award, granted as the result of voting by festival cinemas audience and founded by Kino Polska Television – Jan Komasa for “Corpus Christi”.
The 44th Polish Film Festival was held 16-21 September 2019 in Gdynia.
Festival Organizers: the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, the Polish Film Institute, the Polish Filmmakers Association, the Mayor of Gdynia, the Governor of the Pomerania Province.
Co-organizers: Telewizja Polska, Adam Mickiewicz Institute, National Centre for Culture.
For more information go to: www.festiwalgdynia.pl.